- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- Cookies and other Web technologies
- How we protect your information
- External links and social plug-ins
- Visiting our website from outside the United States
- How you can contact us
What information we collectIn General. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, date of birth, postal and email addresses, and, if you make a reservation through our site, credit card information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). This also includes data we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as your IP address. We also may request information about your car hire preferences and/or loyalty programme information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; complete a traveller profile; participate in a survey, competition or promotion; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else through Autoescape, we will request personal information about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
Social Media/Facebook. If you make use of any social media features on our website, the social media provider may send us information in line with their policies. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available. Information regarding car recommendations or any Autoescape savings or discounts exchanged between you and your friends may also be shared. Please note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using Autoescape, they may also have shared information about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your Facebook privacy settings or the relevant settings/preferences for other social media providers.
How we use your informationWe use credit card information (such as cardholder name, credit card number, and expiration date) for the purpose of completing the travel bookings you conduct on our site. We use other information about you for the following general purposes: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with travel confirmation and updates; to manage your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications; to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to allow us to contact you for customer service, if necessary; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website; to notify you by email or post about special offers and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customise your experience with Autoescape; to reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to inhibit fraud; to enforce our Terms and Conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Email Communications. We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of car rental and other travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a car in London on our website and have saved your itinerary or otherwise not yet booked your travel, we may send you an email message reminding you about your saved travel itinerary or about a special travel deal in London. Similarly, if you receive an email from us about London travel and demonstrate an interest in London car deals by affirmatively clicking on a link about London car rentals in the email, you may receive an email about London car rental offers. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below to exercise your rights regarding email communications.
With whom we share your informationAutoescape may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as car rental providers, who fulfil your travel reservations. Throughout Autoescape, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party travel supplier whose products you purchase through Autoescape. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to Autoescape from another website, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites' use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Autoescape.
- Where required by law in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How you can access your informationYou can access and update your contact information by visiting the My Account page on the Autoescape website. You can close your Autoescape account by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that after you close an account you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for audit, complaint handling and litigation purposes.
If you do not hold an account with us or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete or modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your informationAs discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to make car hire bookings or to take advantage of certain features offered on Autoescape.
You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
When you register as a member or make a booking on Autoescape, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about Autoescape special offers as well as email messages about products and services of selected third parties. You can modify your choices at any time by contacting us at the email address listed below.
You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Autoescape account or to your transactions on Autoescape, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Social Media Services - You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services (such as Facebook) through our site. When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies (including that the site may share information with us). You may be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites. Please refer to the relevant provider policies for more information.
How we protect your informationWe want you to feel confident about using Autoescape to make car and travel bookings, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting personal information that is sensitive to you (e.g., credit card details) between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
This may also be the case when any part of the Autoescape website uses social plug-ins from other sites such as Facebook. Plug-ins such as Facebook's "Like" button, "Comments" and "Facebook Connect", can be identified by one of Facebook's logos, such as the "f" or "thumbs-up" icon, and in practice are like a little piece of Facebook embedded on the Autoescape website. (The list of Facebook social plug-ins and their icons can be found here.) We also offer the option to register with our website via the "Facebook Connect" Plug-in, which allows registered users of Facebook to register with our website by using their Facebook account data without entering the required data manually on our webpage. Instead, your email address and Facebook ID will be transferred from Facebook to us and stored by us. When you land on any web page that uses these plug-ins, your browser sends certain information to Facebook. As with other sites that use these plug-ins, Autoescape does not control this data exchange. To learn more about the information that Facebook receives when you visit a web page with one of their plug-ins, we recommend that you visit Facebook's help center page.
Visiting our website from outside the United StatesIf you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries that your data may be transferred to might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond to your request as soon as possible.
Write: You may also write to CarRentals.com, Inc. who will process your information in its capacity of data controller and whose address is: CarRentals, Inc., 333 108th Ave. NE Bellevue, WA 98004