Security and Privacy
Auto Escape aims to bring the best quality of car rental service to our clients. Therefore, we fully understand the importance to respect your privacy and confidentiality on the Internet. However, in order to offer you a better service, we need to collect certain personal information, such as your full name, age, address, email address, phone number, credit card details, which are necessary to process quote or booking requests. According to the law of “Data Protection” of January 6th, 1978, we would ask you to fill in the mandatory elements with an asterisk beside, which are important for us to process and fulfill your car hire order.
When do we ask for personal information?
- When you request a quote or reservation with Auto Escape via our websites or directly from our customer service team, by e-mail, letter, fax, or telephone;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, enter contests or sign up for special offers;
- When you participate in surveys or when you send suggestions to us.
According to the law of “Data Protection” of January 6th, 1978, you have the right to access, rectify, modify and delete all data concerning you. Therefore, you may demand to correct, complete, clarify, update or remove any information concerning you which is inexact, incomplete, outdated or of which the collection, use, communication or preservation is prohibited. For more details, please e-mail email@example.com.
How do we use your personal data?
We use personal information to provide the following services:
- In order to process your order, we share certain information with the car hire partner companies which provide car rental services to you. However, we only disclose the information essential to process your car hire reservation;
- In order to ensure smooth processing and administrative management, and for the internal analysis;
- In accordance with relevant legislation concerning unsolicited e-mails, any personal information that you provide to us may be used to send you information about special offers and promotions, and news about Auto Escape’s services.
All the data collected is strictly confidential and only for Auto Escape’s internal use. We do not trade files or confidential customer information.
How can you modify your personal data?
We have made great efforts to provide you tools to modify or remove the personal information you provided to us. Thus as a customer of Auto Escape, you can get a login account and password that give access to your personal client space where you could edit or delete your personal data. If you wish to access to information held about you, please contact us by letter at the address below:
Auto Escape “Right to Information” - 137 Rue Jacquard - 84120 Pertuis
Or send an e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of Credit Card Payment
Is your payment secured?
Auto Escape is very careful about the protection of collected personal information. To cope with any contingencies, we use the system of SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure the payment security.
When you pay by credit cards, you are invited to enter your card number, its expiry date together with the cryptogram. Different access authorizations through servers will then be performed to verify the data in order to prevent abuse and fraud. Therefore, the server is directed in encrypted mode with the credit card information encrypted by the SSL system. No data passes in the clear on the site.
These icons appear at the bottom of the page indicating that you are on a secure Web page. You could also notice the “https://” (secure http) shown in the browser’s address bar which indicates that you are on secure pages.
Despite all these precautions, should your bank refund the amount debited, if an incident occurs because of transaction error on our site which should result from a technical problem.
If you have any doubt at any moment, we are always at your disposal to offer you the best advice. You can contact us directly by telephone on +44 844 369 0109 (0.05£)/min.