Do you want to contact us by phone?
CALL US!Monday - Friday: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm +44 844 369 0109 (0.05£)
Complaints and Claims
For post rental claims only: upload all relevant documents to ensure your issue is dealt with as soon as possible. Click here!
Documents to be uploaded:
- The damage report signed by the local rental company and by you
- The police report
- A copy of the rental contract
- Proof that the deposit was paid in cash or charged to your credit card eg. a credit card statement showing that the card was debited
- A detailed evaluation of the damage
FAQ1) WHAT IS A CAR HIRE BROKER?
A broker will negotiate rates with a number of different car hire agencies in order to offer you the best price possible.
• Negotiated Prices
Autoescape negotiates the best prices with international car hire companies, and then establishes simple, comprehensive offers at the best possible prices.
• Transparent Price Policies
Autoescape's price includes all the necessary elements in the reservation, including: vehicle category, hire duration, pick-up/drop off location, and also clearly indicates any additional optional accessories which must be paid for through the provider, such as a roof rack, snow equipment, child's seat, etc. Once your booking has been confirmed, the price is guaranteed until the vehicle's return.
• A Worldwide Network
By partnering with a variety of hire companies within the same country, Autoescape can offer a wide range of vehicles with maximum availability. Priority is given to agencies who have previously delivered quality service, and have established themselves in the industry. Our hire car partners include, but are not limited to: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, and Thrifty.
Autoescape currently offers its services in France, and 125 countries around the world via approximately 9,000 hire locations.
The earlier you book, the less you pay. This is because prices increase as availability is reduced. During the peak season, last-minute car hire requests are considerably more expensive.
You cannot pick up a vehicle outside business hours. However, you can drop off a vehicle when the agency is closed. In this case, you will be informed beforehand where to park the vehicle and where to drop off the keys. You remain contractually responsible for the vehicle until the agency’s normal operating hours begin. Please note that business hours may vary from one agency to another. Airport agencies commonly have longer business hours.
1) Select your pick-up/drop off location.
All hires are based on 24-hour cycles. Once a 24 hour cycle has begun, the full day's payment is due. To avoid a late charge, or the payment of an extra day's hire (price determined by the hire provider's standard rates), we advise that you return your car at the specified time as indicated on your booking conformation, and the hire contract provided at the agency. More information can be provided at each provider's desk at the time of vehicle pick-up.
If the pick-up and drop-off locations are not the same, the car hire company may charge one-way costs (also referred to as abandon costs). Refer to section: Additional costs.
2) Choose a vehicle category that best suits your needs and budget.
The full details of the price let you see exactly what the price includes or excludes. We guarantee the booking of a vehicle category, but not a precise model.
3) Book your car.
• Choose the desired address, if necessary (some destinations have several agency addresses)
• Indicate your flight number (Optional, but very helpful in the case of a flight delay or other unexpected events)
• Select the "Refundable Excess" option if desired (Refer to section: Insurance and Excess)
• Choose your Optional Accessories (baby seat, GPS, etc.)
• Enter the details about the driver
• Enter your payment information using our secure payment system
4) Confirmation Page: Your booking request has been received
5) The Hire Voucher
If you do not present this document, the car hire company may re-bill the hire service.
If the vehicle is not available, Autoescape will find another solution and will contact you within 48 hours to take stock of your booking status.
Please Note: Your Conformation Information and Hire Voucher will be available in your "My Account" page, avalaible from the homepage will be emailed to you when the reservation is confirmed. If you do not receive an email right away, please check your SPAM folder in your email account, as many un-recognized messages are often automatically filtered, and sent here.
Autoescape accepts the following form of payments:
American Express, Visa, and Master Card
The flight number is important as it informs the agency's staff in the event of a flight delay.
Your data is protected by VeriSign 128-bit encryption for maximum security. Your data is never sent to a third party other than the car hire agency.
• A reservation including the number of days requested (24-hour based periods) indicating limited or unlimited mileage
• Mandatory Insurance: Third Party and Public Liability
• Additional Insurance: Accident: Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP) with excess amount indicated
• Any change to the booking (no additional administrative costs for changes made prior to the vehicle's pick-up).
On the results page for your search, next to each vehicle proposed you will see a "Full details" tab. Click on this tab to see the corresponding details.
Mileage is unlimited for international destinations. The allocated mileage varies depending on different companies (Refer to the "Full Details" description for the selected vehicle).
If the drop-off location is different from the pick-up location, the car hire company may charge additional costs. These costs are referred to as one-way costs or abandon costs. You will be informed of the amount of one-way costs when you book your vehicle:
To book options such as a baby seat, GPS, etc., check the corresponding box on the Booking page ("Extras"). These options must be paid for directly with the car hire company. Their availability depends on the provider's inventory at the time of the reservation.
Road tax is mandatory in certain countries. It must be paid directly to the car hire company.
If the agency is located at an airport, airport tax will either be included in the price of the hire through Autoescape, or it may have to be paid at the providing agency's desk at the airport.
Car hire companies usually require customers to have a valid driver's license for a minimum one year. This depends on the vehicle category and the destination country. If applicable, you this information is located in the "Important Information" section of the price's details.
Drivers under the age of 25 may be subject to a young driver fee, paid directly to the car hire company. If applicable, this information is located in the "Important Information" section of the price's details.
• CDW (Collision Damage Waiver): This covers the vehicle against damage, with no regard to fault. It is included in our rates, with or without a excess, depending on the car hire company. The excess applies as soon as a claim is made, regardless of whether or not the customer is responsible. The excess amount will be specified on your voucher. Note that CDW insurance does NOT cover damage such as: broken windows, head lights and tail lights, upper body and roof, lower body and underside of the vehicle, wheels and tires, optional accessories, interior and exterior vehicle equipment.
• TP (Theft Protection): This is theft insurance. The valid excess amount will be specified on your voucher. Note that TP insurance does NOT cover theft of the vehicle's interior accessories.
• LIS (Liability Insurance Supplement): This insurance covers the driver in the event of thrid party person/property damages, and is always included in our rates. The limit and excess will be specified in your hire contract and established in function of the existing law of the country where the vehicle will be rented.
The excess is the amount owed by the customer in the event of damage or theft of the vehicle. If you choose the Refundable Excess option, this means that you will be repaid the amount of the damage or theft excess. It involves two steps:
2- Autoescape refunds this amount to you, after the proper claim paperwork is filed.
If you choose not to take the Refundable Excess Option, you will be liable for repair costs up to the excess amount, stated in the hire agreement, in the event of any damages (eg: accident, scratches, etc). Depending on the agency, the amount of this excess can vary, but it is not unsual for the excess of a small car to range between £650 and £1300.
The car hire company may offer additional insurance (to cover persons transported, broken windows, etc.)and the decision is yours.
If you purchase the Refundable Excess Option when booking with Autoescape, there is no need to purchase the collision damage waiver option offered by the agency.
PAI stands for Personal Accident Insurance. This optional insurance (paid for at the agency) covers any bodily and material harm to the passengers and driver via a lump sum. You can also take the SPAI - Super Personal Accident Insurance which extends coverage to baggage and personal belongings in the event of theft, fire, accident or natural disaster.
You will receive a 10 character booking reference number via email (please check your SPAM folder if you do not receive the voucher within 48 hours) or accessible through the "My Account" tab accessible from the top of any web page on Autoescape's website.
You can track the progress of your booking in your My Accout page. Here, you will find the key details of your booking (hire location, selected vehicle category, price, accessories, etc.).
You can access your personal information regarding your reservation at any time via our website's home page, at the top of the screen by clicking on "My Account".
You can modify your booking before picking up the vehicle in your My Account Page.
Attention: The providing car hire company reserves the right to refuse any change. Your initial booking remains valid until Autoescape confirms the change. Once confirmed, you will receive a new voucher. You must present the new voucher at the car hire agency when picking up your vehicle.
Autoescape does NOT charge you any fees if you change your booking, as long as it is before the pick-up date.
Before picking up the vehicle: You can cancel your booking with Autoescape up to the last minute before your scheduled vehicle pick-up time. We won't ask you for any reason or justification. You can access to the “Self Care” on our website to cancel your booking and receive a refund with the following conditions:
-> Up to 24 hours prior to pick-up free of charge
-> From 24 hours to pick-up : £30
In the Case of a cancellation by the customer after the scheduled vehicle pick-up time, not showing up, tardiness, failure to comply with the hire conditions (failure to provide the necessary documents, credit card problem, etc.) Autoescape is not required to give a refund for the services that were provided.
Attention: We advise that you keep all the documents given to you by the car hire company (agreement, invoice, condition report, etc.)
What happens if I am late when picking up my vehicle?
A 30-minute delay is generally tolerated, provided this is during the agency's normal operating hours, but beyond this time, the provider has the option to give the vehicle to another customer.
Original copies of the following from the primary, and any other drivers:
• A valid driver's license, and/or an international driving license may be requested where applicable
• A valid passport
• An international credit card issued in the primary driver's name, with a sufficient limit to cover any excess that may be required
• The pre-paid Autoescap hire voucher
If you do not present the voucher at the agency, the car hire company may refuse the hire service.
The hire voucher issued by Autoescape is a reservation conformation only, and is NOT the hire agreement. The hire agreement is signed at the car hire agency when the vehicle is picked up. It is subject to the legislation of the country in which the vehicle is hired, and is valid for the duration of the hire.
Certain optional accessories and taxes must be paid for directly to the car hire company. These options are indicated during the booking process and in the reservation voucher received from Autoescape.
You should check the vehicle's condition and note down any damage with the agent (bumps and scratches, tire wear, fuel levels, etc.). You will be given a condition report following this inspection.
Depending on the hire provider, 24/7 Assistance may be included in the price of the hire, or may be an additional option paid at time of pick-up .
You must report any accident, damage or theft involving the hire vehicle directly to the car hire company within two working days. You must obtain a police report following an accident. If this is not possible, we recommnd that you go to the nearest police station to obtain one. For any theft, you must file a report within 48 hours. Failure to observe these formalities infers losing the benefit of additional coverage, unless you can prove that you were prevented from doing so.
Fines should be paid to the local authorities when the fine is received; if the matter is handled by the car hire company, administrative costs will be applied
After picking up the vehicle: any change and/or extension must be requested from the car hire company at least 24 hours prior to the drop-off time initially scheduled in the agreement. The car hire company reserves the right to refuse any change or extension concerning the hire.
The conditions of any such change/extension depend on the car hire company, and no longer holds Autoescape liable.
Depending on the terms stated in the contract with the provider, you may have to fill up with fuel before dropping the vehicle off.
The different fuel policies are as follows: Empty to Empty, Full to Full, Full to Empty.
• Full to Full: the vehicle's fuel tank is full when the vehicle is picked up, and must be full when dropped off
• Full to Empty: the vehicle's fuel tank is full when the vehicle is picked up, and empty when dropped off.
If you return your vehicle one hour later than the schedule time stated on your voucher, you may incur the cost equivalent to one day's hire at the car hire company's valid rate, to which local taxes and agency insurance will be applied.
Depending on the insurance coverage taken out, the car hire company debits the excess amount stipulated in the agreement via credit card. This amount is refunded if you have purchased our optional "Refundable Excess" Option.
Any complaint must be made in writing to our customer service within two months following the hire vehicle's drop-off date: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must then provide following documents:
• An explanation of your complaint
• A copy of your Autoescape hire voucher
• Your hire agreement signed at the agency
• The vehicle's condition report documents (upon pick-up and drop-off)
• The car hire company's bill, if you have it
Please send the required documents by email, fax, or post to: email@example.com
• Fax: +33(0)4 90 09 51 87
137, rue Jacquard
84120 Pertuis, Francia
In order to proceed with the request of refundable excess, you must:
1)Complete the attached form : Click here.
2)Include the following documents:
- Autoescape voucher and invoice (downloaded online)
- Hire agreement signed at the providing agency
- Invoice of the excess charged (provided by the hire agency) and credit card receipt
- If authorities were involved, an official police report
- In the event of third party involvement, an official report is required
- Repair estimate or invoice (provided by the hire agency)
- Your bank address with your account number as well your IBAN and SWIFT numbers
The filled form and mandatory documents must be sent to:
137 rue Jacquard
No later than 60 days after the drop off of the car.
An incomplete file will be returned
- An administrative fee of 40 GBP will be deducted from your refund for the PF or "Refundable Excess Premium".
- Fixed assets, towing and administrative fees are not refundable
• Security deposit: Sum of money representing a guarantee for the car hire company. It is blocked by the car hire company on the driver's credit card when the vehicle is picked up, then released in full when the vehicle is returned, provided the vehicle is in the same condition as it was when picked up. The amount of this deposit corresponds to the amount of the hire vehicle's damage excess. This amount is stated on your voucher.
• Broker: An intermediary for business transactions, the broker negotiates the best prices with different service providers in return for providing a considerable number of customers. The broker will thus present the customer with the offer most suited to his or her needs at the best price.
• CDW (Collision Damage Waiver): Insurance that covers any damage to the vehicle. This insurance is included in all Autoescape rates.
• One-way costs: The costs incurred when the vehicle is dropped off at a different agency from the one where it was picked up.
• Excess: The amount owed by the customer in the event of damage to the vehicle or its theft. This amount is set by the car hire company depending on the vehicle category and the country of hire. Autoescape lets you choose a Refundable Excess option, which means that you will be repaid the amount of the damage or theft excess.
• LIS (Liability Insurance Supplement): This insurance covers the driver if he or she injures another person or damages another person's property. This insurance is included in all Autoescape rates.
• PAI (Personal Accident Insurance): This insurance covers the driver and the passengers if damaged or injured.
• SPAI (Super Personal Accident Insurance): Optional insurance that covers baggage and personal belongings in the event of any theft, fire, accident or natural disaster.
• TP (Theft Protection): Insurance against the vehicle's theft. This insurance is included in all Autoescape rates.
• Voucher: Document issued by Autoescape containing a conformation number and detials of the booking, required to present to the providing agency at vehicle pick-up.
Last updated on the 14th of January, 2016